Industry Insight Archive. All previous entries of a blog written by members of our team, provides perspective on trends we’re seeing in hiring practices, salaries, company culture, and a number of other topics that may affect you as an employer, or a candidate searching for a new position in the technical market.
- Recruiter Jessica Bailey loves what she does! Jessica Bailey has been a Tech Recruiter for going on 5 years. Read on to learn why she is passionate about what she does.
The many reasons I LOVE being a Technical Recruiter:
1. Relationships: This is a given, but can’t be ignored as our business is essentially, “people”. We interact with very different personalities and people ... Read More +
- How to get involved with SD’s Tech Scene Our Tech Scene
According to a new report by CONNECT, from 2011 to 2015, the average number of startups in San Diego grew to 382 per year. In 2015 there were 1,650 total start up jobs created with 104 VC deals closed at approximately $1.2 billion. More than $31 billion in technology and life science M&A ... Read More +
- Team Promotion – Jessica Bailey VIA Technical announces that Jessica Bailey has been promoted to an Account Manager, while also maintaining her current role as a Lead Technical Recruiter.
Jessica has been instrumental in building out new accounts that we have established over the last few years. She has been heavily involved in the success by learning about the company, understanding ... Read More +
- Career Development & Training Are you looking for a way to learn or better your technical skills? Below are some great resources for you. From Dev Bootcamps to certifications and additional training and resources, please see the links below.
Dev Bootcamp is the first short-term, immersive bootcamp that transforms beginners into full-stack web developers in 19 weeks (9 ... Read More +
- VIA Earns Inc. 5000 List VIA Technical, LLC included on the Inc. 5000 list
with Three-Year Sales Growth of 82%
Inc. Magazine included VIA Technical, LLC on its 35th annual Inc. 5000 list of the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. The list represents a unique look at the most successful companies within the American economy’s most dynamic segment— ... Read More +
- San Diego Trends OUR TRENDS, by Natalie Viani
If you are like me, you want to know local trends more than national trends on hiring. So the following is our briefing on what VIA has seen thus far this year on a local basis with our clients in San Diego. For your reference, VIA has a large presence in ... Read More +
- TED Talks Our Top 3 Picks
—On Successful Leadership TED Talks.
We’ve chosen three of our favorite TED Talks by industry experts and leaders: Simon Sinek, Sheryl Sandberg, and Richard Branson. Their irrefutable leadership skills have helped them establish their careers and gain worldwide recognition for their successes. While also coaching others to emulate their success, each one of ... Read More +
- 4 Tips Every Hiring Manager…. 4 Tips Every Hiring Manager Needs to Know
—How to hire the Developer that you really need.
1. Know that for the right person, you’ll need to move quickly. There are far too many companies in town searching for the same .NET or Java Developer as you are. Approximately 50% of our clients will be able ... Read More +
- Team Promotion – Alissa Douglas VIA Technical Team Member Is Promoted!
VIA Technical is proud to announce that Alissa Douglas, one of our Technical Recruiters has been promoted to outside sales roles as Account Executive for the company. VIA has had tremendous growth over the last 12 months and has been able to secure additional Technical Recruiters which allow us to feel ... Read More +
- Developers! Why work with VIA Technical? VIA Technical Has Compelling Reasons!
By: Natalie Viani, CEO
It’s a candidate’s market. Of course it is, and lucky you! At VIA, we have been placing .NET, Java, and PHP developers for the last decade, exclusively in San Diego!
What does that mean to you?
We have the inside scoop to many of the hottest companies and projects in ... Read More +